The Sustainability Through Wine Tasting Program in Hong Kong was held on May 19th at Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers – 3/F Grand Ballroom. The program started with a presentation about the European Sustainable Wines campaign followed by 3 seminars.
The representatives from the European Union, Spanish and Italian embassies attended the event and gave a welcome speech to the more than 50 wines professionals that attended the seminars.
During the seminars, attendees learnt about the climate, winemaking techniques, indigenous grapes varieties, wine culture and many more interesting facts from the European Protected Designations of Origin (PDO): Consorzio Tutela Vini D’Abruzzo (Italy), Consorzio Barbera d’Asti e Vini del Monferrato (Italy) and D.O. La Mancha (Spain).
A fine selection of 17 wines from these PDO were tasted during the seminar:
Session 1 – Consorzio Tutela Vini d’Abruzzo
1. Tralcetto Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC
2. Amarti Sempre Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC
3. Contesa Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC
4. Divus Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC
5. Spelt Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC
6. Perla Nera Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC Riserva
Session 2 – Consorzio Barbera d’Asti e Vini del Monferrato
7. La Torre di Castel Rocchero Barbera d’Asti DOCG
8. 1907 – Conti della Cremosina Barbera d’Asti DOCG
9. Crevacuore Barbera d’Asti DOCG
10. Bricco Cappelletta Barbera d’Asti DOCG Superiore
11. Grasso Adriano Barbera d’Asti DOCG Superiore
Session 3 – DO La Mancha
12. Alcardet Sommelier
13. Torre de Gazate Tempranillo
14. Flor de Allozo
15. Gladium Tempranillo
16. Oristan Crianza
17. La Villa Real Reserva
About the European Sustainable Wines Campaign
This project was born from the joint work of the Italian consortia Consorzio Tutela Vini d’Abruzzo and Consorzio Barbera d’Asti e Vini del Monferrato, together with the Regulatory Board of the La Mancha Designation of Origin in Spain. It will last 3 years and will focus on the markets of China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Vietnam.
The European Sustainable Wines campaign is financed by the Multi-Programme fromEuropean Research Executive Agency (REA) and is under Regulation (EU) No 1144/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 October 2014 on information provision and promotional measures for agricultural products on the internal market and in third countries